Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Flannan Attempt

I will be island-going for a couple weeks. During that time I hope to get out to Eilean Mor of the Flannans. Of five attempts to get there over the last 16 years, only one was successful. That was back in 2003, and I've wanted to return ever since.

This attempt will be with Seatrek on August 10. They operate out of Miavaig on the west of Lewis, and if you are reading this before then there may still be places available. The weather forecast is a bit dismal, but maybe we'll be lucky and get out there. Since the Flannans feature in Peter May's excellent mystery 'Coffin Road', I have a feeling there may be more day trips on offer in the future. (Hopefully I won't find anything grisly in the chapel, and then wash ashore on Luskentye not knowing who I am...)

West Landing - Eilean Mor of the Flannan Isles

No comments:

Post a Comment