Saturday, June 22, 2013

Off to Ardveg

I will be off-line for two weeks. I am spending some time on Scalpay, Harris and Lewis. On June 29 I hope to attend an Islands Book Trust event at the Uig Community Centre, where they are launching a book called An Trusadh - Memories of Crofting in the Ardveg, by John Macdonald. If the weather is obliging it will be followed by a boat trip to remote Ardveg, where I camped a decade ago (book 2, chapter 21). I also plan to hike around the hinterlands of Lewis and Harris in search of beehive cells, and to walk the old path to Renigidal and Molinginish. I hope to have some interesting photos to share when I return.
Ardveg - Photo by A A MacGregor

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great holiday, Marc. Sure you will enjoy yourself. Look forward to your posts when you get back. Christina

    ReplyDelete